Please take a moment to review the Event Eligibility Requirements.
Boys & Girls Clubs play an integral role in the overall success of Day for Kids. These guidelines were created to support Clubs in planning exceptional events. When hosting a Day for Kids event, the following requirements should be met:
- Host or participate in a BGC Day for Kids event at your facility or other location within the community. Events must be held either on the third Saturday in September 19 or no more than two weeks prior to this date.
- Include “Boys & Girls Clubs Day for Kids” in the title of your event.
- Staff from all hosting and participating Club locations must assist in event planning and/or implementation.
- Promote BGC Day for Kids in your community using public relations and marketing efforts to increase awareness. Submit articles to local media on the importance of adults and children spending meaningful time together; secure mayoral proclamations; distribute promotional materials.
- Have a minimum of 75 participants (adults and children, preferably parents with their kids) from each hosting and participating Boys & Girls Club attending the event.
- Because BGC Day for Kids is an ideal vehicle to recruit new members, participants at your event must include members of your Club as well as attendees from the general public.
- Reach out to families in the community and distribute membership recruitment materials at the event.
EACH hosting or participating Club location must submit proof of participation by registering and evaluating the event in the BGC Day for Kids Event Planner section of www.dayforkids.org by the following deadlines:
ALL registrations and evaluations must be submitted online by the deadline. Hard copies or faxes will NOT be accepted.
Event Registration Deadline: September 16, 2015
Event Evaluation Deadline: October 16, 2015
Hosting or Participating in a BGC Day for Kids Celebration
Ideally, BGC Day for Kids events should be held on September 20. By collectively hosting BGC Day for Kids events on the same day, we create exciting momentum and raise awareness towards the importance of honoring young people.
By clicking, "I Agree", I accept the above terms and conditions applicable to my participation in Boys & Girls Clubs Day for Kids and I wish to continue to the Event Tracking system.